Focal points are the dominating features that can make your front yard landscape more attractive. A focal point in your front yard landscape can be an entry point, a resting place or a bright plant wall. It gives sense and purpose to your yard. Read on to learn more about them so you can make an informed choice when it comes to choosing front yard landscape designs.
Quick tips to incorporate a focal point in your front yard:
Ask Yourself “Where Should I Place My Focal Point?”
Focal points encourage symmetry in your landscape design to encourage movement and attract visual attention. Our experts in landscape design in Toronto suggest the following ideas for front yard focal points:
- Place a feature near the entrance to encourage visitors to explore the front yard.
- Install one at the point of two intersects. It can be a pathway or a sidewalk.
- You can also build a hardscape in the middle of your front yard. A garden fountain works wonderfully.
- Create a focal point at the end of your yard. Frames or art pieces with flowing water are excellent ideas.
Hide Your Problems
You can also use focal points to hide your problem areas. Our experts who provide landscaping services in Toronto can turn eyesore areas into bright places. If privacy is an issue, then you can install dense evergreen trees. You can even hang small plants or build a birdhouse to enhance the overall appeal of your front yard.
Select a Front Yard Design that Adds Colour
Plants are a great way to add colour to your garden, they naturally flow with your front yard landscape. Keep in mind the following:
- Be sure to select the form with complementary colours rather than contrasting hues.
- Resting places also make for a great focal point. You can add a bench with surrounding wildflowers or install cozy wooden seats with vines.
- You can incorporate focal points that are fun and creative and reflect your personal style.
Don’t Overdo It
Simplicity itself is a statement. If you want to attract attention with your focal point, adding more than one piece may become overwhelming. Our experts in landscaping in Toronto recommend focusing on a single area of interest. You can create an incredible outcome with a focal point in your front yard landscape design only if it is done in moderation and appears natural. So avoid picking up any pieces in a rush. Although you may experiment, it helps to understand your space before making the final decision.
Water Features are Clear Winners
Sound also plays an important role in making your garden attractive. The sound of birds chirping from a birdhouse or flowing water is very soothing to the senses. As providers of landscaping services in Toronto, we know that a bubbling pot, a small pool, or a fountain is a popular trend in contemporary landscaping.
Build the Front Yard Landscape of Your Dreams with LandCon!
With over 20 years of experience, we are well-known when it comes to landscaping in Markham, Etobicoke, and nearby areas. We have the expertise to come up with the best landscape designs in Toronto that perfectly suit your property and needs.
We will revitalize your landscape and create a beautiful and functional front yard within your budget.
You no longer need to worry about your landscape, our experts will take care of all your needs. We also offer commercial landscaping services.