No matter how well-designed your home is, it is incomplete without a front yard landscaping design. A front yard design adds a spark to your home and enhances your home’s aesthetics. On the other hand, seeing a beautiful landscape is refreshing and helps your home to stand out from other houses. If you are looking to design your front yard landscape or want to make it more attractive, a professional landscaping company in Toronto can help you add a splash of colour to your front yard. This will make it more visually appealing and highlight the best features of your yard. Learn more about how to add more colour to your outdoor space.
Using Color Theory in Your Front Yard Landscaping Design
One of the best ways to add colour to your front yard is by matching it to your home’s colour. You can take into consideration the colour of your outdoor furniture, fixtures, and other elements to create a unified design. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Pastel-coloured houses: For pastel-coloured houses, you can add flower vines and plantings that are of a soft hue. Pastel tones such as lilac, pink, peach, and others create a colourful yet calming atmosphere and blend wonderfully with your front yard landscaping design.
- Warm-coloured houses: For warm-coloured houses such as rust, brown, red, and others. You can use a combination of plantings and flowers in warm and cool colours. You can place warm-coloured flowers such as red, yellow, and orange in the forefront and cool colours in the back to create a contrast and highlight your front yard. Warm colours are naturally attention grabbers and can make your garden larger.
- Neutral coloured houses: If your outdoor space is a neutral colour such as beige, white, or gray, you can use concrete pavers or a rock garden to enhance the curb appeal. Warm-coloured flowers such as red, orange, and blue will also help you enhance your front yard design.
Be Creative with your Outdoor Decor
If you think that colour can be only added by using plantings and flowers, think again! You can use different front yard decor elements to brighten up your lacklustre outdoor space. Here are a few ways to add personality to your front yard landscaping design by using these design elements:
- Colourful lanterns lights: Putting up colourful lanterns as your outdoor lightings with intricate patterns can amp up your porch or your pergola. Colourful lantern designs create a cheerful look and are a smart addition to your home to create a secure and cohesive design.
- A retaining wall: A retaining wall not only helps in preventing soil erosion but also looks great as a decor element. You use stone, concrete, or bricks while building the retaining wall. Decorating your retaining wall with flowers and plantings will also enhance the aesthetics of your front yard landscaping design.
- Use bright furniture: You can add colourful seating to your front yard design such as a wooden bench or even a colourful fence around your home.
Also Read: Designs & Ideas for Outdoor Landscape Lighting
Low Maintenance Ideas to Add Color to Your Front Yard Landscape
It’s the dream of any homeowner to have a front yard with elaborate pieces and beautiful plantings. However, maintaining them can be a hassle. To ensure that your front yard landscaping design looks great and is simple to manage, here are a few simple and low maintenance ideas to add colour to your outdoor space:
- Choose evergreen plants: Plants and shrubs don’t require a lot of attention and blend nicely with the aesthetic of any house. When you select your shrubs, ensure that they can survive the Toronto weather. Camellia, lily-of-the-valley, coneflowers, lavender and others are some popular options to choose from.
- Create pathways: Concrete and vinyl pavers surrounded by low maintenance shrubs and flower pots enhance your front yard. You can also add colourful pebbles for some contrast in your front yard landscape design.
- Plan your entryway: You can dramatize your entryway with a lamppost, accent shrubs, or some potted flowers.
Create the Best Front Yard Design with Our Experts!
LandCon is one of the best landscaping companies in Toronto that offers you superior front yard landscaping services, pool installation services, and more. We have a team of dedicated architects and designers who will ensure that your yard adds value to your home.
Feel free to reach out to us for a free consultation at 416.504.5263 or write to us at email@example.com to learn more about our front yard landscaping services in Toronto!