A deck is the most wonderful space on your property, which unites you with your family members and strengthens bonding. Every home must possess a deck where the denizens can spend leisure time without worrying about the happenings in their life. A properly designed deck, built in consultation with deck builders in Toronto, can provide an amazing outdoor space which not just relaxes but also entertains guests.
At the outset, every deck installation project must have solid footings, structural supports and impressive passage into and from the house. If you have decided to adorn your home with a deck, read on to know how you can get the best results out of your deck-building project. While hiring professional deck builders from Toronto, you need to consider the following things:
Go For a Well-Planned Deck
Planning your deck in conjunction with experienced deck builders in Toronto can give you good results. Consider the following things before you approach a deck-building company.
- Layout of the deck
- Material for building deck
- Design of railings
- Any additional features
Before finalizing a company for your deck construction project, always analyze the credibility of the providers. Check for reviews provided by past clients. Ask them for testimonials. These days most companies have testimonials on their websites. You can also ask for references from friends who had a deck built and know about their experience. Some states have licensing requirements for deck contractors. Check if your prospective deck builders in Toronto possess those licenses.
Consult Various Deck Builders
When you contact a specific deck building company in Toronto to discuss your project, it isn’t necessary that you hire them right away. You can create a list of deck builders and interview them one by one.
These interviews will help you narrow down your list of potential builders. Following are the questions you must ask every deck builder during your interview.
- How many decks have you designed and built so far?
- Do you possess a license?
- What is the name of your insurance carrier?
- What warranty do you offer on your work?
- Do you take care of the local laws governing deck construction?
- When can you start the deck-building project, and how long do you think it will take to accomplish it?
- Does a supervisor stay on-site when the work is going on?
- Are you flexible regarding the deck construction material?
- Can you give me the contact numbers or e-mail addresses of your past clients?
Ask for a Written Estimate
Once you have completed short-listing two or three deck builders in Toronto, you can ask them to provide a written estimate of the cost of deck construction.
The estimate should specify the cost of materials and hourly labour cost. All costs must be segregated and additional costs indicated in the estimate. If you are also planning to landscape the area around the deck, ask for an estimate for landscaping work. Also, you must clear it with the contractor before any additional cleaning-up charges.
Once you have acquired the contact details of references from your prospective contractors, it is time to contact them and ask them the following questions.
- How was their experience with the deck building company?
- How was the quality of work delivered?
- Was the team of deck building company professional?
- Was the price estimate approximately near to the actual price charged?
- Was the project accomplished within the specified time frame?
- Would you recommend the deck builder to others?
You should also get a certificate of insurance from the carrier instead of relying on the contractor.
Once you have finalized your deck contractor in Toronto, it is time to sign the contract on paper. The documents in the contract should include the following information.
- Total price breakdown, deposit value, and final payment terms
- Cost of changes in the existing project plan
- Complete scope of work
- Date of project completion
- Copy of insurance documentation
- License of contractor
- Financial effects due to delays
- Security permit details
- Design approvals
- Clean up details
- A statement that for any damage to the home due to construction or crew, the contractor is to be held liable.
Stay on the Same Page with the Deck Building Company
After choosing your deck construction company, pay attention to the first face-to-face meeting. It is important to discuss everything to ensure both parties are on the same page. If you feel you might build up some trust issues, it is wise to opt for a different builder. Because they might end up giving you inferior quality craftsmanship.
Remember to find a deck-building company in Toronto that can get along with you well and shares the same values as yours. Keep the first conversation clear and transparent on how you want the project done and discuss adjustments, price, and deadline. This will help you build a healthy relationship with the builder and get a great experience until the project is complete.
Contact One of the Top Rated Deck Builders in Toronto
We are rated as one of the most reliable deck contractors in Toronto. With years of experience and experts, we are committed to proving the best deck solution that caters to your ideas and needs.
We start any project with a transparent conversation. Before beginning the work, we provide a detailed sketch design to ensure everything is clear to our client. From start to finish, we ensure every stage of the process is a great experience for our customers.
If you are looking for a highly professional deck construction company, we are here to help you. Contact us today for a quote.