Coming up with suitable outdoor kitchen designs is not an easy feat, especially if you also want a pool alongside. You need to analyze several important aspects of your backyard landscape.
In fact, the ability to entertain guests at a pool party with the flexibility to cook outdoors has become a trend as far as backyard landscaping designs are concerned.
Let Us Take a Look at the Planning Process Involved in an Outdoor Kitchen and a Pool.
The principal task is to determine the location of your kitchen and pool. For this, you need to consider the following:
- Make sure the outdoor kitchen is near your house so that you have the required accessibility to bring supplies from inside and take out the trash after your meals.
- Plan an appropriate method for water supply in your outdoor kitchen.
- Since you also want a pool beside your kitchen, ensure that you have enough privacy in the chosen location.
2) Purpose & Designs
The first question you need to ask yourself is:
Why do I need an outdoor kitchen and a pool?
Moreover, you need to assure that your hired professionals are aware of your desire.
The next question should be:
How big should the kitchen and pool be and how frequently am I going to use them?
Only after answering these questions you will be able to proceed further.
3) Layout & Division of Areas
You need to define specific areas for the following chores:
- food preparation,
- beverage and food storage, and
In case of the pool, the following must be reckoned:
- Space of equipment storage
- Area for relaxing and sunbathing
- Change rooms and outdoor showers, if you want
It is a significant aspect of outdoor landscaping. It includes the following three types of lighting:
- Lighting to illuminate work areas
- Ambient lighting to define a specific area
- Decorative lighting
For the pool, lighting should be around it to warrant safety. Further, it will enhance the beauty of the pool.
When we are talking about outdoor kitchen designs, it is impossible not to include an outdoor grill! Ensure that you choose a reliable one.
Other kitchen equipment will include:
All of the above should be chosen wisely, weighing various aspects including cost, maintenance, and requirements.
For your pool, the following types of equipment are required:
- Water pumps
- Filtration system
- Pool safety equipment
Make sure that you choose the equipment for your pool carefully, keeping mind the cost as well the quality.
6) Avoid the Common Mistakes
Some of the common mistakes to be avoided in case of an outdoor kitchen are:
- Not enough space for preparation of food. So make sure you have sufficient space on the counter.
- Inadequate lighting. It will ruin your time of enjoyment. Be sure that your space is appropriately illuminated.
In case of installing an outdoor pool, you must avoid the following mistakes:
- Not leveling the pool walls.
- Not leveling the ground properly which will make the floor uneven.
- Early installation of the pool deck without allowing the soil around the pool to settle.
7) Hiring a Professional
You must heed the following before hiring a landscape contractor:
- Is the professional experienced?
- Information about warranty and services after installation.
- Do they consider local laws and rules?
- How flexible is the contractor regarding materials used?
- Contact a few of the past clients to obtain their opinion.
Make sure that the contractor you choose is reliable and select wisely.
Keep in mind these tips regarding pool and outdoor kitchen designs and enjoy your new backyard with a place to cook and entertain your guests!
For more information on outdoor kitchen designs in Toronto, please contact us immediately.
For more information, check the following related posts: