Imagine a home where the landscape design is either outdated or drab. Don’t you think it diminishes its beauty eventually?
Your house is your paradise. So why would you settle for anything less than perfect? A suitable landscape design for your property can elevate your house’s entire look and feel. Read on to learn more about modern landscape designs and ideas so you can make an informed decision.
What is a Modern Landscape Design?
A modern landscape typically follows a minimalist design approach. It focuses on creating an aesthetically pleasing result with clean edges, stark shapes, and an uncluttered architectural approach.
A contemporary house requires a modern landscape to complement it.
So, How to Modernize Your Landscape?
Having a modern landscape is not a distant fantasy anymore. It is best to work with a reputable landscape company such as Land-con to achieve the desired result! Here are some of the critical elements of a contemporary landscape to get a distinct look:
- Emphasis on geometric shapes and patterns: You will see modern landscapes tend to follow geometrical patterns, starting from shaping their bushes. Squares, rectangles, and clean lines guide your eyes towards the focal point.
- Uncluttered and well-manicured landscape: Another feature that you will see repeated throughout modern landscapes is the lack of excess. Gardens, shrubs, and bushes are well-manicured and maintain clean-looking lines throughout.
- Usage of stone, wood, and more: These materials help enhance symmetry and balance and are easy to maintain. They are used for feature paths, steps, and planters.
- Neutral Tones: Modern landscapes usually have a neutral or monochromatic colour palette. This allows the landscape to be the focal point rather than diverting the attention with bright hues.
- Water Feature: Water is an aesthetic element in most modern landscapes. You will see pools or strategically placed water fountains. This adds a more sensory element to the entire landscape.
Modern Landscaping Ideas for Your Contemporary Home
1. Go Natural with a Rock Garden
Maintenance is a big issue in any landscape design. If you want to go for something low maintenance and modern, adding natural stone paver and flagstones could be a fun way to emphasize the garden and enhance your property’s aesthetics.
2. Relax on a Cozy Patio
A cozy patio is a great way to relax and unwind with your whole family. A perfect example would be the Classic Contemporary Project by our landscaping experts at Land-Con. The choice of clean lines and monotone grey stones adds to the timeless factor. The rough-cut wood pergola, stone border, driveway asphalt and a modern granite counter for the bar check all the modern landscaping boxes.
3. Stay in the Shade with a Pergola
A pergola is an excellent addition to your landscape project. It is perfect for those who want to stay outdoors without the sun damage. Pergolas are a great way to provide shape and structure to your backyards.
The Six50 King Project is an excellent example of modern landscape design. It consists of large wood and galvanized steel pergola with concrete and metal planter benches to utilize the space intelligently.
4. Add a Relaxing Water Feature
Water features not only add a serene backdrop to your landscape but can also serve a practical purpose. The Newskool Modern Project by Land-Con Landscape shows us how water is a crucial component of modern designs. The practical usage of a concrete hot tub with a 48” water weir adds different artistic dimensions.
5. Fire it Up
Just because you prefer modern landscape design doesn’t mean that it can’t have a little bit of excitement. Bring that warmth and excitement out with a fire feature. Installing an outdoor fireplace, fire pit, or bowl adds more style and personality to your landscape.
6. Let the Light Guide You
People tend to underestimate the power of well-planned and located lights. Strategically installing a few ornamental lights can be an inexpensive way to illuminate the entire space and give a whole different glow to your landscape.
7. Embrace Nature
Nature can be your best friend in modern designs because they are all about effective simplicity. Instead of planting roses or other popular flowering plants in your garden, you can choose local greenery. Infusing them with the design gives it a unique look and is also more practical. Local plants and flowers require low maintenance and are more likely to withstand the climate in your region.
Let Our Experts Help You with Modern Landscape Designs!
Now that you have formed a vision for your landscape design, you must find the correct professionals to bring your dream to life. You are in luck if you live in Toronto, Markham, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Oakville, Barrie, Kitchener, and the GTA! With Land-Con, you can have one of the best landscaping companies in Toronto at your service. We work to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Contact us today to get started!