Do your outdoor activities end after the sun goes down? It’s time to change this. With a strategic outdoor landscape lighting plan, you can extend your time enjoying the pool and other outdoor rooms. Besides providing safety and security, lighting fixtures can also help you enhance the value of your home by transforming your gloomy backyard into a beautifully illuminated space. Discover below how you can strategically plan your landscape lighting design to reap a valuable investment.
5 Strategic Tips For the Perfect Landscape Lighting Design!
Determine the Best Spots For Light Installation
While outdoor lighting can be placed anywhere, placing them at the right spots is an absolute must. Observe your space and take into account the specific areas that can benefit from lighting. Here are some essential lighting areas that you need to include in your outdoor landscape lighting plan:
- Pathways: Putting garden lights, flush lights, and more in your walkways will help visitors find their way more securely.
- Driveway: Landscape lighting installation in the driveway will help your car move easily. They also provide small, directional wall lights for better navigation.
- Decks and Patio: If you have a deck, patio, or outdoor seating, you can install outdoor lights to perform various activities.
Form VS Function: Choose The Right Outdoor Lighting
Now that you have outlined the different areas for your landscape lighting design, consider the different types of lighting options available to create the desired impact. Let’s take a look at the different types of outdoor lightings:
- Task Lighting: This type of outdoor lighting is for a specific purpose. For instance, you can use task lights to brighten your deck, outdoor step, or other.
- Accent Lighting: If you want drama or attract attention to an object, accent lighting is the ideal choice. Take time and plan which architectural feature you want to highlight. For this purpose, you can use spotlights or floodlights.
- Overall Lights: It provides comfortable illumination to your space without projecting a harsh glare.
Consider the Space of Your Home
When planning for landscape lighting in Toronto, ensure that you have all the measurements in mind. If you have a small and intimate backyard, your outdoor landscape lighting scheme can include lanterns, strips of LED lights, string lights, or any other space-saving option that casts a soft glow. On the flip side, if you have a large backyard, consider installing chandeliers, porch wall lights, pier mount lights, and other elaborate structures.
Keep in Mind the Maintenance Costs
While thinking strategically, you should also consider the maintenance costs of your outdoor lightings. Your outdoor landscape lights are exposed to a variety of environments that can make them less efficient and increase your bill. Thus, make sure that your outdoor light fixtures can handle such environments. LED lights, solar-powered lamps, motion censored lights, low voltage bulbs are a few options that can help you save utility bills and last longer. Furthermore, ask a professional if the fixtures that you are installing are moisture-proof for durability.
Add Your Personality to the Home
Outdoor lighting doesn’t have to be always about functionality and safety purposes. You can add a taste of your personality to the landscape by choosing fixtures that are vibrant or have a minimalistic and modern appeal. You can also opt for different geometric shapes and visual symmetries to add a form to space without overdoing it.
Plan the Best Landscape Lighting Design With Land-Con!
Armed with a team of experienced designers and architects, Land-Con offers you the best landscape lighting services in Toronto. With over 25 years of experience, we aim to provide you with a hassle-free and dynamic landscaping experience.