Planning the design of a new kitchen or even just revamping an existing one can be a strenuous process. Inarguably, your outdoors is one of the fundamental parts of your property and deserves an appealing outdoor kitchen design. Nowadays, homeowners pay special attention to their backyard kitchen design as it is aesthetically enriching and purposeful. It is a space that is warm, practical, stylish, welcoming, and one that throws light on your personality. It exhibits your sense of style and creates an everlasting impression in the eyes of the viewers.
However, have you ever wondered what kind of outdoor kitchen design you prefer? Do you have a list of specifications? Would you instead opt for a contemporary kitchen design or go for a traditional setup? These are a few crucial questions you ask yourself before you proceed to call an installer. Additionally, you must also understand what kind of design will suit your house best.
You can surf through various modern and traditional outdoor kitchen designs to come to a conclusion. However, if you are still dubious about the designs, read the article written below. We have listed traditional and contemporary features to help you make a better choice. You can assess the qualities and gauge which outdoor kitchen design will be ideal for you.
What are the Main Differences Between Contemporary and Traditional Designs?
Contemporary Outdoor Kitchen Design Features:
- Contemporary or modern bespoke kitchens tend to be simple and sleek in appearance.
- They are ideally built with a barbecue system, and some also have a TV set to enjoy lunch while watching a film.
- Most contemporary kitchen designs are practical, with all the essential units and fixtures adjusting seamlessly with one another.
- You can go ahead with vibrant and bold colours for your cabinets and high-tech appliances, all perfect for a minimalist style.
- You can also decorate your kitchen walls and furniture with potted plants, climbers, or creepers to give it a rustic look.
Traditional Outdoor Kitchen Design Features:
- Traditional kitchen designs, on the other hand, are primarily made of real wood with typical colour schemes such as cream, grey or blue.
- The primary decorative items for traditional outdoor kitchen layouts are a variety of plants. Some traditional kitchens are set in a nursery to give them a natural look and feel.
- Some traditional kitchens are connected to a guesthouse and set up with granite slabs and stainless steel.
- Several homeowners also prefer to have an extensive range cooker for optimum effect and a butler sink to set the mood for a rustic background.
You can also add a stone-framed chimney or stone kitchen table, or a table made out of logs to complete the look.
Which Outdoor Kitchen Design will Suit You Better?
Since now you are aware of what contemporary and traditional kitchen designs include, let us discuss which design will suit you best. The easiest way to understand which layout will suit your house is to assess your aesthetics. Additionally, keep your comfort and preference in mind before finalizing the design. Do you prefer neat lines and a modern look, or do you want to go with a more natural look?
It can be challenging to choose one style when both styles are equally outstanding in their role. Therefore, we suggest you do what most homeowners do. People often strike a balance between traditional and contemporary landscaping design to get the best of both. An amalgamation of modern and traditional designs will give a concrete yet rustic touch to your outdoor kitchen design.
What Kind of Property Do You Own?
If you have a period property, you may consider setting up a traditional kitchen since it is better suited to the overall vibe and aesthetics of your house. That being said, you may also find contemporary designs that will go best with older properties.
New structures tend to have smaller kitchens. Therefore, they are a better match for a modern design. The smaller kitchens include unique features such as hidden storage, multipurpose cabinets, and seamless lines.
Depending on the age and design of your property, you may sketch your outdoor kitchen design. However, if you are a favourer of modern features, you may revamp your exteriors to set up a contemporary kitchen layout.
Where to Find Reliable Installers for An Outdoor Kitchen Design?
If you want to recreate your outdoor kitchen design, you need the professional hands of Land-Con landscape designers to guide you to the right path. Land-Con is currently the leading landscape designer in town; we have over 25 years of experience executing backyard kitchen design, installing backyard bar ideas, and other landscaping features. We pledge to create the landscape of your dreams. With our best landscape designers on board, we strive to improve your house’s outdoor kitchen design, overall layout, and appeal!