About the project:
This 80’s modern house has such a unique and cottagey feel backyard before we created the new update. When the designer arrived for consult, it was evident that the original design was quite well laid out. However, it was time for an update and some modification. The old stone was very cracked, and the mortar joints were coming out. The existing stone retaining wall holding up the pool deck was tipping over. We started by doing an on-site measurement and a 3D drawing to show the client what the backyard would look like with the new materials and got to work!
Site Challenges and Solutions:
- All the existing stone work needed to be chiseled out and cleaned off the existing concrete.
- Working with the existing concrete base posed a few grading concerns which were managed with proper slopes and drains.
- All new pool lines and pool skimmers had to be put in, which meant, a lot of concrete breaking around the pool perimeter.
- Large pool
- Zuri deck with frameless glass railing and a custom privacy wall
- Large stone patios
- Lower tier patio
- 48” tall retaining wall
- Multiple steps with Limestone treads
- custom front yard “sixteen” sign
- landscape lighting